Send an Event Reminder
In today's busy world, the number of things vying for any given person's attention is far greater than in years past. As such, reminders can come to play an important role in making sure that everyone is present on game night - especially if the group plays infrequently or at irregular intervals. Reminders for Obsidian Portal events can be scheduled when creating an event (see Create an Event), or sent manually as desired using the "Send Reminder" button.
To send an event reminder:
- Navigate to the dashboard of the campaign you wish to send an event reminder for.
- Click the "Calendar" tab.
- Locate the desired event on the calendar interface.
- Click the desired event to view its details.
- Click the "Send Reminder" button under the "Event" details.
Once you have clicked to send the reminder, an email will be dispatched to each of the campaign's other users containing a description of the event, the date and time it is scheduled for, a copy of the current RSVP listing as well as links permitting the user to respond (see Respond to an Event). A brief notification will report the "Reminder sent"
Note: If the event you wish to send a reminder for is the nearest upcoming event chronologically, you can send a reminder from the "Event" section of the dashboard without needing to visit the "Calendar" tab.