Delete a Forum Topic
The need (or desire) to keep a particular topic on your Obsidian Portal campaign's forum is something that can change over time, or based on the status of the campaign. Topics related to the scheduling of sessions, or rules questions may not hold the same value once the campaign is completed, and you're just interested in reading back over the adventure fondly from time to time. If a topic is no longer needed or wanted, it might be time to delete it from the forum.
To delete a forum topic:
- Navigate to the dashboard of the campaign containing the forum topic to be deleted.
- Click on the "Forum" tab.
- Navigate to the topic you wish to delete via the subforum and topics listing.
- Click the edit icon associated with the topic's title.
- Click the red "Delete" button.
- Click the "Delete topic" button in the confirmation modal.
After confirming that you wish to delete the topic, it will be removed from the campaign forum - along with all of its associated replies (see Reply to a Forum Topic). You will be redirected to the "Forum" tab, and a brief notification will indicate "That topic has been deleted."
Note: If the topic to be deleted is the containing topic for one of the two latest forum posts, you can reach it without first visiting the "Forum" tab via the Forum section on the campaign's dashboard. Topics (and posts contained inside of them) that have been deleted cannot be recovered.