Adding a Map Marker
On any map there will be areas of particular note or interest. With Obsidian Portal's map marker system, your markers not only pinpoint those locations, but can also refer back to the characters, wiki pages and adventure logs that gave them their prominence in the campaign. Keep them up to date (see Updating a Map Marker) and they'll always serve as a visual guide to your group's adventures!
To add a map marker:
- Navigate to the dashboard of the campaign containing the map you wish to mark.
- Click the "Maps" tab.
- Click the edit icon for the map to be marked.
- Click the "Add Map Markers" button.
- Select a set from the "Choose A Set" dropdown.
- Click on the desired marker image under "Choose A Marker".
- Select a color from the "Choose A Color" interface.
- Enter a title in the "Title" input field.
- Enter the desired marker text in the "Marker Text" textbox.
- Click the "Save" button.
- Drag the marker to the desired location.
- Click the "Save" button on the "Edit Map" interface.
Note: Alternatively, you may click on a map to view it and then click the edit icon. Once a marker has been added to a map, it remains indefinitely, or until it is deleted (see Removing a Map Marker).