Invite a Player to a Campaign
If there's one thing that every roleplaying game needs, it's players to play it - and the campaigns on Obsidian Portal are no exception. As the one in control of the campaign, it's up to the GM to invite the players so that they can begin making characters and adding their contributions. To do this, each player must have an Obsidian Portal account, and the GM must know either the username, or the email address associated with each player's account.
To invite a player to a campaign:
- Navigate to the dashboard of the chosen campaign.
- Click on the "Settings" tab.
- Click on the "Players" section header.
- Locate the "Invite New Player" input area.
- Input the username or email address associated with the desired player's Obsidian Portal account.
- Click the "invite" button.
Once the invitation has been sent, an invite container for that player will be displayed under the Open Invites sub-heading. This container will display the player's avatar image, and will have buttons to "Send Reminder" to the player, or "Delete Invite" (see Managing Open Invites). Additionally, a notification of the invite will be sent to the player's Obsidian Portal account, and an acceptance link will be dispatched to their email address.