What are the dimensions in pixels for the NATURAL IMAGE RESOLUTION?

CAD

25 May, 2014 04:39 AM

While inspecting the elements for my character and item images, it would appear that the limiting factor for the Natural Image length is set at 256 pixels, but I haven't been able to determine the limit for the images in width by pixels; Unfortunately, My image widths were set to 226 pixels and I must have thought that width to be the limiting factor, but the difference between the displayed image and the natural one continues to re-size the width - in accordance with the 256 pixels for length.

Secondly, the natural resolution for the thumbnails appears to be 96 x 96 pixels; which leaves many of my thumbnail images cropped. I would assume that a natural resolution of 256 x 256 pixels would alleviate the problem, but I'll await your response as to the limit for widths before I waste a lot of time playing around with the images...Much of my distress is due to the reforging that threw my previous formatting for the images out the window, I hope you can give me an answer that will allow me to bring back the crisp resolutions I had before the process took affect.

Chris

1. 1 Posted by AaSampson on 23 Feb, 2016 08:05 PM

Hello CAD. I'm aware this ticket has stagnated for quite awhile. I'm AaSampson your new community manager, can I assist you?

2. 2 Posted by CAD on 01 Mar, 2016 05:51 PM

The simplest solution would be to state the effective display resolutions for images on the characters, items pages, etc. The display resolutions should be given for both height and width, for both the main-image and thumbnail, so users can format their images accordingly; that way we don’t have to fiddle with the images repeatedly, for the proper display, on all pages. Once again it seems that thumbnails are limited to 96x96 pixels whereas on the individual character pages the limiting factor seems to be 256 pixels in length. When images are resized between pages (i.e. full image to thumbnail) cropping invariably occurs but there aren’t any instructions for the best approach when sizing the main image, to mitigate this cropping and I certainly don’t know CSS to avoid this dilemma.

Another issue is the formatting of background and banner images, some of this is due to the display differences between computer screens and cell-phone screens but it would be useful again if best size and resolutions were listed for these and where to crop them for best placement…

Thank you CAD

3. 3 Posted by AaSampson on 01 Mar, 2016 11:37 PM

thank you for the details provided. As OP moves to update its FAQ information I'd like to incorporate this information and peform testing to produce the exact dimensions requested. I'll move this ticket to suggestions and I encourage you to reach out anytime.

4. OPSupport closed this discussion on 03 Apr, 2016 08:02 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Obsidian Portal please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac