Non-campaign Site Links Are Hard to Find

gaaran

29 Jun, 2015 03:35 PM

It's very possible that this issue/suggestion has been brought up before, but it's been quite a while since I have visited and used Obsidian Portal for anything other than my own campaign and notes.

My friend and fellow GM on here (Rase Cidraen) has taken to the forums to finding players for an online game, and I went to check out the post and any response he was getting. I realized that if you are logged in and go to obsidianportal.com, it takes you to the dashboard of a campaign. From here there is no link or mention of the community or forums. Only through going to my profile could I find links to the community pages (they are also present on the account page and my messages page).

If this is something you guys know about and is a design choice, that's cool, but I wanted to bring it to your attention because A) adding a "community links" drop down to the logged in user's page wouldn't be too hard on the top navigation bar, and B) I feel like the forum seems to have a lot less activity now than when I used to use it regularly, and the difficulty in finding it could play a part in that.

Thanks for taking a read through this, and I hope this helps! And thanks for OP :)

Zach Dando

1. 1 Posted by Maesenko on 03 Jul, 2015 05:36 AM

I second this. While I'm used to it and know where to go, campaigns have become so much more of a closed and isolated environment nowadays that it's difficult to see more of the site. We need to open up the community more again, rather than just having all these little cliques.

2. 2 Posted by SkidAce on 04 Jul, 2015 02:40 PM

Aren't there "community" "help" "blog" etc at the bottom of every dashboard page and forum page for every campaign?

3. 3 Posted by gaaran on 08 Jul, 2015 01:35 PM

Ah yes, i see now at the bottom of the dashboard they do have the links. But the fact remains that I didn't notice them. People that don't even know there is a forum might not either. Adding a drop down in the extra real estate up top, next to all your personal links at the top I think would be a helpful design choice.

Otherwise, a personal landing page that is more like the "my profile" page than a pinned campaign dashboard I think would be good in seeing more of what OP has to offer other than your personal wiki.

4. 4 Posted by alex_redeye on 10 Sep, 2015 01:32 AM

This is a good suggestion, and has been brought up by others. Once we have the issues sorted out and are ready to focus on enhancements and features this will be on the table.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Obsidian Portal please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac