Filtering searches for Games Nearby

enentol

10 Jun, 2015 05:20 PM

When using the excellent "Games Nearby" feature, it would be incredibly useful to be able to set filters based on when the game was last updated or if it's actually in progress or not.

Although there are a large number of games close to me, finding those that have been actually active recently is quite difficult.

It would very much aid finding campaigns to follow along with or to more easily find games currently looking for players instead of those that have been long abandoned.

1. 1 Posted by alex_redeye on 11 Sep, 2015 09:56 PM

Very good suggestion, I am actively compiling ideas on how we can improve this area moving forward, this is added to my list.

2. 2 Posted by enentol on 12 Sep, 2015 03:02 AM

An alternative method would be to have campaigns "expire" after a set amount of time without activity. As such, GMs could be sent reminders to reactivate their campaigns and would have to refresh or opt their campaigns back into the search.

With this method, searching for nearby games would by default only search for active games, To find older/unactive games, users could simply a check a box to look for "old/archived" campaigns.

3. 3 Posted by alex_redeye on 13 Sep, 2015 06:02 AM

Another awesome suggestion. If you end up with more do not hesitate to drop them. I can't ensure every single suggestion will make it in, but the more ideas the better I say.

4. 4 Posted by killervp on 23 Dec, 2015 05:48 AM

We, many of us, have been asking to filter out dead games for a long time.
    However, since they still have not fixed the blank campaign system section that has been there for their entire ownership period, I just don't see it happening

5. OPSupport closed this discussion on 03 Apr, 2016 08:02 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Obsidian Portal please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac