Campaign Search and cleanup.

Scott M.

17 Oct, 2014 05:44 PM

I am a new user here on Obsidian portal but I have a major problem with one feature. The Campaign search function.

How is anyone supposed to find active and live campaigns without wading through YEARS.. yes YEARS of abandoned games.

FOr a site that encourages Groups to come together and find one another, the Greatest tool you guys have to do that.. "Finding New games" is SOOOOO neglected...

Please fix it. Cleanup the old and abandoned "test1" campaigns from 2007 and such..

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Corwin007 on 05 Jun, 2015 06:33 PM

I agree with that. Possibly also allow to search via Post by post play Vs Meeting RT.

2. 2 Posted by Meagoinc on 17 Jun, 2015 09:46 AM

Great ticket! This existed pre-Reforge, was cut, and has been long asked for! I also find it impossible to find new/ live campaigns which *don't* have 20 fans which aren't my own without wading through, as you say (which is quite time consuming. I'm glad (in a way) to hear that it affecs both established and new campaigners alike.

If you have specific feedback on how you want the search engine to work, add your voice to the primary ticket. Travis19 says he's going to bring it to the Dev meeting! :) : http://help.obsidianportal.com/discussions/problems/12375-search-for-a-campaign-functionality-post-reforge

3. 3 Posted by alex_redeye on 11 Sep, 2015 09:50 PM

This is a suggestion a few have brought up, I am actively looking into some ways this can be improved. New features are taking a back seat to bug fixes at the moment, but this is in my list.

4. 4 Posted by killervp on 23 Dec, 2015 05:51 AM

Travis and Alex both seem to be great people, but this great idea that has been brought up multiple times won't get fixed until there are developers that can fix something.

5. 5 Posted by weasel0 on 29 Mar, 2016 09:57 PM

So here's another bump. I've found a few threads here that have made me curious about a user's issue, but without an ability to search for either player nor for the campaign....makes trying to be helpful...difficult. Also, how are we supposed to find and fan pages of people who may not want to repeatedly post over and over their campaign links in forum posts, or not really active on the forums but may have some kick ass sites going on.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Obsidian Portal please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac