Being able to 'sticky' forum threads

YouCanTryAnything

17 Apr, 2016 07:05 PM

So I want to have some of our group's forum topics always stay at the top of the forum, aka stickied. At one point I want to say that there was an option to be able to do this but it seems to have disappeared.

I searched the help topics & this is a previous ticket that I found:
http://help.obsidianportal.com/discussions/questions/1535-stickyunsticky-forums-threads

However this discussion was simply closed without the issue actually being fixed. Can this Idea pleased be looked into?

1. 1 Posted by weasel0 on 19 Apr, 2016 11:21 PM

When the Reforge(tm) took place, Micah saw fit to nerf the forums abilities as this is a wiki site, not a PbP site. After much complaining, we at least got the ability to do sub-forums again. I'd like to use here for that, but.... www.RPOL.net has a custom message board system that works better than anything that was ever here anyway. Their wiki support however...that's what OP is for. :)

2. 2 Posted by YouCanTryAnythi... on 19 Apr, 2016 11:28 PM

Is there a thread/discussion about why he did this?
    Also, Rpol goes to a site for sale. Only $29400 USD!

3. 3 Posted by weasel0 on 19 Apr, 2016 11:44 PM

oops... www.RPOL.net.... curse those silly details. Correcting previous post.

And not that I know of. I hadn't even known it'd happened when I came back form not doing anything for a year.

4. 4 Posted by YouCanTryAnythi... on 20 Apr, 2016 09:57 AM

Thanks to the links. I still want to keep this open since it seems both A) useful & B) relatively easy to re-implement.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Obsidian Portal please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac