Paying without Credit Card?

Ogolar

25 Jan, 2016 06:59 PM

Hello there,

I´d like to buy an account for one year. But have no credit card.
So is there a different way like paypal or paysafe card to pay for an account?

1. 1 Posted by AaSampson on 25 Jan, 2016 08:11 PM

To Ogolar.

A pay safe mastercard should be able to assist you in the issue. Let me know if this assist you or reach out to me with more questions.

2. 2 Posted by Ogolar on 25 Jan, 2016 10:42 PM

Hey there,

sorry, not that does not fit me. I don´t want any credit card.
    So, is there an option to pay without a credit card???

3. 3 Posted by AaSampson on 26 Jan, 2016 03:11 AM

To Ogolar,

Have you considered a reloadable gift card?

4. 4 Posted by Ogolar on 26 Jan, 2016 09:03 AM

What exactly do you mean with "reloadable gift card" ?

Here in Germany are two different types of cards which you can call a "reloadable gift card"
    The one is a giftcard like, for example an amazon gift card. That would be ok, for me. But as far I know, you can just pay at amazon for example.

The second one is a prepaid credit card. Tha´s no option because I don´t want an need a credit card. So I will not get a credit card and pay for owning a credit card every year just to get the membeship of obisidian portal.

5. 5 Posted by AaSampson on 26 Jan, 2016 03:57 PM

I believe this would be the second type you mentioned. Not a credit card that affects your credit score and you pay the debt at the end of every month. But funds tied to a re-loadable card(These are normally purchased around the holidays in the US, but are available year round). At the moment a credit card/gift card I mentioned above is the only option here at OP. And we'd love to have you attain an Ascendant membership. I can forward you the link to our payment processor Stripe for further questions if you'd like?

6. 6 Posted by Ogolar on 26 Jan, 2016 11:12 PM

Ok, that´s real sad.
    So I will not ascend.

Maybe OP can consider to finde new ways to pay. More people in Germany an hole Europe will maybe join.
    Credit Card is not real common around in Germany. Maybe Paypal or Paysafe Card?

You can send me a message if someday ther will be different ways to pay.

7. 7 Posted by AaSampson on 27 Jan, 2016 06:23 PM

I apologize for our current limitations. As the site grows options will become available. I'll close this chat and include a link to Stripe our payment processor as they may have additional options that will better suit you. Please reach out anytime.

https://support.stripe.com/questions/which-cards-and-payment-types-...

8. AaSampson closed this discussion on 27 Jan, 2016 06:23 PM.

9. Ogolar re-opened this discussion on 10 Feb, 2016 10:39 AM

10. 8 Posted by Ogolar on 10 Feb, 2016 10:39 AM

Hello there,

I found a friend with a Credit Card (Master Card) who was willing to pay for me. But when we entered the data, it says "The card was declined"

What to do now???

11. 9 Posted by AaSampson on 11 Feb, 2016 12:56 AM

Hello again Ogolar. I see you are subscribed however I do not see any pending transactions. Please check your credit information again and your account balance. After you have verified that information you may need to reach out to your credit card provider for more detail on what issue you experienced. I'm here with you every step of the way if you have any questions.

12. 10 Posted by Ogolar on 11 Feb, 2016 12:20 PM

it´s allright now.

But I would be very pleased if i had not to searcht around for friends with a credit card to pay. Please try to find other ways for paying.

13. 11 Posted by AaSampson on 11 Feb, 2016 10:51 PM

I'm sorry Ogolar, our payment options are run through https://stripe.com/ and the options we've explored above are the OP options. . Please reach out to Stripe help and support line to explore further options. Again I apologize that I don't have more information. Reach out to me anytime if you have further questions.

14. 12 Posted by Hoizichri on 18 Feb, 2016 10:20 AM

Hi, same problem here. It would be great if you could add PayPal as payment method.

15. 13 Posted by AaSampson on 18 Feb, 2016 10:16 PM

Noted. Multiple users have requested paypal and I've pushed the idea to management.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Obsidian Portal please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac