How do I tell mow much space (of the 5GB) that I have used?

dragondreams

07 Nov, 2014 02:10 AM

Hello!

How do I tell mow much space (of the 5GB) that I have used?

Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Travis19 on 28 Feb, 2015 07:54 PM

Nothing yet but I submittted this as an extension of the File Storage stretch goal.

2. 2 Posted by Abersade on 20 Aug, 2015 12:27 PM

Me too actually, this has been one of the things that specifically bugged me about the Reforge.

3. 3 Posted by Abersade on 20 Aug, 2015 12:28 PM

(doublepost)

4. 4 Posted by Abersade on 20 Aug, 2015 12:30 PM

(triplepost)

5. 5 Posted by alex_redeye on 21 Aug, 2015 01:44 AM

Alright, I see on this one it was stated it would be wrapped up into one of the KS stretch goals, so I am going to make sure that is still the case. I will get back to folks on this in a bit here.

6. 6 Posted by alex_redeye on 21 Aug, 2015 01:44 AM

Alright, I see on this one it was stated it would be wrapped up into one of the KS stretch goals, so I am going to make sure that is still the case. I will get back to folks on this in a bit here.

7. 7 Posted by alex_redeye on 21 Aug, 2015 01:45 AM

I see on this one it was stated it would be wrapped up into one of the KS stretch goals, so I am going to make sure that is still the case. I will get back to folks on this in a bit here.

8. 8 Posted by alex_redeye on 21 Aug, 2015 01:45 AM

I see on this one it was stated it would be wrapped up into one of the KS stretch goals, so I am going to make sure that is still the case. I will get back to folks on this in a bit here.

9. 9 Posted by alex_redeye on 21 Aug, 2015 02:11 AM

I am going to check with the dev team to ensure that this is listed properly as an extension of the stretch goal. I will post back with updates after meeting with dev about this.

10. 10 Posted by alex_redeye on 06 Sep, 2015 11:14 PM

I can confirm this is a planned addition of the File Storage Locker stretch goal that is over in testing. Historically there was no way to see this information. Will post an update when the feature is rolled out.

11. 11 Posted by killervp on 24 Nov, 2015 06:46 PM

Still hoping this gets resolved some day.

12. 12 Posted by dragondreams on 28 Dec, 2015 12:59 PM

Any more news on this? Any way to add more disk space? Thanks!

13. 13 Posted by killervp on 28 Dec, 2015 07:08 PM

@ dragondreams- What, actually expected an answer after 1 years time? They don't ever seem to answer- Kaleidoscope, the owners, have done nothing positive since buying this site almost 1 year ago.

14. Support Staff 14 Posted by OPSupport3 on 28 Dec, 2015 10:57 PM

FYI, the file storage locker is being worked on and among the feature's specifications is "Listing of storage space allocation and usage"

Development is still underway and I'll make a note to check for the quota when we test it.

15. 15 Posted by killervp on 29 Dec, 2015 04:23 AM

1 year later and you still cannot answer a basic question- how much have we used and how much we have left.

16. 16 Posted by Maesenko on 29 Dec, 2015 05:56 AM

I don't see why that piece of the feature can't be implemented ASAP. You don't have to wait until the entire thing is complete and post a massive update, when just the small one that would satisfy this ticket would do.

17. Support Staff 17 Posted by OPSupport3 on 29 Dec, 2015 08:52 AM

This function is not in the existing code.

We are building it into the file storage locker so once that is live, you will see your storage quota and current storage used.

18. 18 Posted by Maesenko on 30 Dec, 2015 07:50 AM

I can understand that, but at the same time, why not roll out that part of the code now? It's not hurting anybody if you implement it now.

Plus, if there are any bugs, the community can report them that much sooner and knock those out so that if there are more in the rest of the "File Locker" code, at least we know that the chunk that makes up the "storage totals" part of it is not an offender.

19. Support Staff 19 Posted by OPSupport3 on 31 Dec, 2015 07:03 AM

That part of the code doesn't exist now, it needs to be created and added to what's on OP now.

I'll add this to a series of smaller fixes which we're running in parallel to the biggest fixes so these can be rolled out to the community.

20. 20 Posted by Maesenko on 31 Dec, 2015 10:37 AM

My apologies. I presumed that the code was already developed as part of the File Storage and just waiting to be rolled out. That said, I still stand by what I said about releasing that small piece ahead of the rest. Thanks, Andrew.

21. Support Staff 21 Posted by OPSupport3 on 04 Jan, 2016 07:32 AM

We'll release incremental updates as far as we can, no point holding stuff back for weeks. Thanks for your feedback.

22. 22 Posted by TechnoNomadic on 31 Jan, 2016 06:31 PM

Will there be a file viewer so I can see what I have uploaded into storage, and can delete things to remain below quota?

23. Support Staff 23 Posted by OPSupport3 on 01 Feb, 2016 03:48 AM

There will eventually be a comprehensive file management system which will let you view files by campaign and manage them.

The issue is that none of this code exists now, so the techs will have to code this from scratch and test it because it access multiple parts (different campaigns) of your account.

At the moment, we're working on completing some of the big fixes we've been working on, so the next part of the file storage locker might happen late this month (Feb) or in March.

24. Support Staff 24 Posted by OPSupport3 on 01 Feb, 2016 03:49 AM

As an update, Ascendant users now have their storage increased to 10gb from 5gb before.

25. 25 Posted by killervp on 12 Mar, 2016 12:12 AM

Any news on this? I know that I am well over 5gb, but my screen still shows

File Storage Locker
    Storage Used: 399 MB | Storage available 9.61 GB ( 96.10%)

26. Support Staff 26 Posted by OPSupport3 on 14 Mar, 2016 02:38 PM

@kvp -

I'll try to pull some tech developer time to look at it.

Meanwhile, we're also looking at the beta user issue you've flagged in other threads.

27. 27 Posted by HenryHiggins on 12 Apr, 2016 05:03 PM

So you are saying that you as a user don't actually know how much storage you have left? This seems basic.

28. 28 Posted by weasel0 on 14 Apr, 2016 05:54 AM

The big is: user account has a max limit, each campaign shows it's usage, boo place has a summed campaigns total. You'd have to look at all the campaigns and total by hand. I may be wrong but I believe that's where the system is currently(this is another part of adding on to custom coding new choosing for a feature that was never here to begin with). So pieces are being done and rolled out as they work to the final comprehensive file system.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Obsidian Portal please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac