Updating maps?

Venatius

17 Feb, 2014 08:56 PM

Hello! I'm facing a little quandary with maps in OP. I notice if you edit an existing map that already has an image, there's an image upload option. I was hoping this would allow me to upload a new map in place of the existing one, so I could change the image without displacing the OP map markers. However, this upload function doesn't actually appear to do/change anything at all. My questions are twofold. 1: Is there a way to do what I'm aiming to do? 2: What DOES the upload function do, if not replace the existing map image?

1. 1 Posted by Travis19 on 22 Feb, 2014 06:32 PM

Hi, thanks for contacting Obsidian Portal.

I believe the upload tool might be rejecting the image you're attempting to upload for some reason. Can you send me a copy and the URL for the map you are trying to update? I'll see what I can determine.

2. 2 Posted by Venatius on 22 Feb, 2014 08:56 PM

Thanks for getting back to me! The current map should be available at https://smallchange.obsidianportal.com/maps/51246 (assuming I correctly made it visible). I'm trying to overwrite it with the file I've attached here, while (hopefully) keeping the map markers intact.

3. 3 Posted by Travis19 on 25 Feb, 2014 12:54 AM

Hi,

I think the problem here is likely the size of the file (both in pixels and in storage space)... I will work with the devs to get a harder target but I have noticed that pictures over about 1 MB have uploading problems sometimes. Was the original file the same size?

Sorry this is taking a while but we'll get there...

4. 4 Posted by Venatius on 25 Feb, 2014 05:34 AM

No problem! Thanks again. The original is 1.52 MB (attached for your reference). This revised one is 1.76. Their sizes are identical.
    EDIT: Actually, I can't quite remember if the compressed version of the original is what I uploaded or not. I'm not sure how to check It's either the 1.52 MB copy I just posted, or a larger one in the ballpark of 4MB. (That's the original. The revised version has always been 1.76MB)
    I just experimented with overwriting the upload of the second copy with the original, and that didn't work either, so the on-site file being larger or smaller doesn't seem like it's the problem.

5. 5 Posted by Venatius on 07 Apr, 2014 09:26 AM

I don't mean to pester, but I was wondering if any further word had come around on this. My apologies for the bother!

6. 6 Posted by Travis19 on 17 Apr, 2014 12:47 AM

Don't worry about that -- I apologize for the lack of response.

Our devs are working to unbury themselves at the moment so I can't give you a good ETA but this is still on the radar.

Sorry I don't have more of a solid update.

7. 7 Posted by AaSampson on 23 Feb, 2016 08:38 PM

Hello Venatius. Can you please update me on the status of your issue? I'm AaSampson your new community manager here at OP.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Obsidian Portal please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac