Tag auto-completion

Gavrahil

15 Apr, 2016 12:35 AM

The auto-complete function for the tags, which is very useful to keep the tags uniform and without repetitions, seems to have a little problem:
Whenever a tag only appears in GM-Only wiki-pages, characters, etc. the auto-complete doesn't seem to find them.
I recreated the problem by making one of the pages not GM-Only anymore, and voila: the tags started appearing in auto-complete again. As soon as I changed the page back to GM-Only, the tags disappeared for auto-complete again.

I wouldn't attach a really high priority to this, but the function is very useful, so if this could be fixed, it would be much appreciated.

1. 1 Posted by OPSupport on 17 Apr, 2016 03:45 PM

Hi Gavrahil,

To clarify the auto-tag auto-complete feature is NOT working on GM-Only WIKI pages/characters/etc. For user generated content on the site, whereby access is restricted to GM-Only - the auto-complete feature is not working.

OP Support

2. 2 Posted by Gavrahil on 22 Apr, 2016 06:13 AM

Hi guys, just a little update to get around this problem for the time being:
    1 - create a wiki page that is not GM-Only and tag it with all the tags that you need for your content. The page itself can stay blank. It basically functions as a tags repository.
    2 - link the page only in the GM-Only section of your Wiki Main Page for easy reference.

This way you'll have your tags handy when you need them. Only downside is that the players can find this page through the "All Pages" button of the Wiki. But they'll find just a blank page with a lot of tags, that won't do them any good.

To solve this problem permanently you would need to implement some kind of ownership for the tags, but I can see that this is going to be a lot of work, just for the auto-complete to work, but it would be nice nonetheless.

Cheers

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by OPSupport on 26 Apr, 2016 12:10 AM

Thank you for the helpful remarks and posting the work-around. The team has been made aware of the issue and is assessing next steps.

OP Support

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Obsidian Portal please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac