Can't upload pictures to media library anymore - image issues

Danny

12 Jan, 2016 09:25 PM

I was making wikis for my campaign when my character page was locked up and I couldn't link it to a wiki. I deleted the character sheet and remade it and figured I would add a new photo as well to the bio. Now I can't upload images to the media library anymore. I deleted a few as well so I know that's not the issue. Any ideas? thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Finious on 13 Jan, 2016 10:51 AM

I am also having the same issue. I noticed this beginning on January 12.

2. 2 Posted by AaSampson on 27 Jan, 2016 05:33 PM

Hi Danny, The image issue is currently our highest priority here at OP. Please stay tuned for future updates on this issue.

Sorry for the wait on your issue, I'm the new community manager and I'm currently making my way through the back log of tickets.

3. 3 Posted by addramyrpalinor on 30 Jan, 2016 06:17 PM

Same issue here.

I tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge, all have the same problem.
    The upload image dialog stays open forever and never actually upload the image.

4. 4 Posted by AaSampson on 31 Jan, 2016 02:26 AM

Tech is still working this issue. Stay tuned.

5. 5 Posted by crazybirdman on 22 Feb, 2016 03:43 PM

Can we use pictures that are hosted somewhere else? Or do they have to be uploaded to OP

6. 6 Posted by AaSampson on 22 Feb, 2016 07:47 PM

Can you be more specific crazybirdman?

7. 7 Posted by crazybirdman on 22 Feb, 2016 08:45 PM

Sure, I'm just curious as to why picture have to be uploaded to OP to be used in our Wiki or Adventure Log. If a picture is already uploaded somewhere, why can we just link to it, and have it displayed? I have to admit I'm not sure how it works, but I see it on message boards often. to save on their bandwith they only allow you to post images that are hosted elsewhere, no uploading.

i hope that makes sense
     james

8. 8 Posted by Jeshux1994 on 04 Mar, 2016 09:12 AM

Hi, it's March 4th and this error isn't fixed yet? Is something I can do?

I know we can use images uploaded using other ways like photobucket, but that doesn't work with characters images (that's what I need just now).

Please let me know when it will be fixed.
    Thanks.

9. 9 Posted by AaSampson on 06 Mar, 2016 06:41 PM

Hi Jeshux1994 the image embed issue should be resolved now. Please link me to the campaign you are unable to upload images to and I'll take a look at it. Thgank you for reaching out.

@ crazybirdman You are correct and I've also seen sites use that infrastructure. The answer as best I can say is that OP was built/coded with a different image hosting idea in mind. Your suggestions makes sense and I've made a note of them for future updates/upgrades to OPs infrastructure.

10. 10 Posted by Jeshux1994 on 06 Mar, 2016 08:52 PM

This is my campaign:https://relatos-de-ed-n.obsidianportal.com/
    Thank you!

Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 18:41:44 +0000
    To: [email blocked]
    Subject: Re: Can't upload pictures to media library anymore - image issues [Problems #19373]

Hi Jeshux1994 the image embed issue should be resolved now.
    Please link me to the campaign you are unable to upload images to
    and I'll take a look at it. Thgank you for reaching out.

@ crazybirdman You are correct and I've also seen sites use that
    infrastructure. The answer as best I can say is that OP was
    built/coded with a different image hosting idea in mind. Your
    suggestions makes sense and I've made a note of them for future
    updates/upgrades to OPs infrastructure.

On Fri, Mar 04 at 01:12 AM PST, Jeshux1994 wrote:

Hi, it's March 4th and this error isn't fixed yet? Is something I can do?

I know we can use images uploaded using other ways like photobucket, but that doesn't work with characters images (that's what I need just now).

Please let me know when it will be fixed.

Thanks.

11. 11 Posted by AaSampson on 06 Mar, 2016 10:20 PM

Alright Jeshux1994. I took a look at your account and your campaign and I see you have a great deal of content but you are not ascended. You have surpassed the amount of space available to free users. You can expand your available File storage limit by Ascending. If you have any questions please reach out to me in a public/private message.

12. 12 Posted by Jeshux1994 on 18 Mar, 2016 09:10 AM

Ok so if I have surpassed the amount of space available to free users but I don't want to ascend, how do I solve this problem? I assume that if I reduce that amount of content by, for example, erasing images, I will be able to upload images again, won't I?

But the second problem is that I can't erase images anymore. Can you help me with that? I don't want to erase all the images at once because in that case I won't be able to remember which images will be erased.

In conclusion, can you restore my capacity to erase images so I can erase them from my gallery one by one? I will use another kind of storage like Photobucket or Imageshack so that the content of my campaign is reduced to just a few images.

Can you do that?
    P.D: I cannot afford Ascending, that's why I'm bothering you with my problem. I'm sorry.

13. 13 Posted by crazybirdman on 18 Mar, 2016 04:54 PM

I agree with Jeshux, I've deleted a bunch of characters, (and the pictures attached to them), but still can't upload any new pictures. So I can't upload pictures, and i can't link to pictures hosted somewhere else? Is there any solution besides upgrading, which just isn't cost effective for me right now.

14. 14 Posted by Jeshux1994 on 12 Apr, 2016 12:03 PM

Hello again!

May you answer my last comment, please?

Obsidian says that my storage capacity is near 400%. But I don't need that! I just want to erase a lot of images and clean it up so I can upload just the absolutely necessary images (like the characters faces).

BUT OBSIDIAN DOESN'T LET ME ERASE OR UPLOAD! T________T

What can I do? And please, I beg you... Don't say ''Ascending''...

15. 15 Posted by HenryHiggins on 12 Apr, 2016 04:28 PM

Really? Maybe I should not be here- hard to try out anything pretty if you cannot upload anything- what is the real limit? Looking around I saw 2Mb, 200Mb, and 2Gb

16. 16 Posted by OPSupport on 12 Apr, 2016 04:40 PM

Hi,

The media upload changes we have will resolve this issue completely. It allows users the ability to delete and manage their file storage locker / media library far better. These changes will be re-released very shortly by the development team.

OP Support

17. 17 Posted by HenryHiggins on 12 Apr, 2016 05:01 PM

So what is the real limit on free and paid accounts?
    Nervous that this issue has not been resolved for 3 months.

18. 18 Posted by Jeshux1994 on 09 May, 2016 08:41 AM

Excuse me.

Why isn't the problem solved yet? Are you working on it?
    Waiting to know something. Thank you.

To: [email blocked]
    Subject: RE: Can't upload pictures to media library anymore - image issues [Problems #19373]
    Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 10:09:55 +0100

Ok so if I have surpassed the amount of space available to free users but I don't want to ascend, how do I solve this problem? I assume that if I reduce that amount of content by, for example, erasing images, I will be able to upload images again, won't I?

But the second problem is that I can't erase images anymore. Can you help me with that? I don't want to erase all the images at once because in that case I won't be able to remember which images will be erased.

In conclusion, can you restore my capacity to erase images so I can erase them from my gallery one by one? I will use another kind of storage like Photobucket or Imageshack so that the content of my campaign is reduced to just a few images.

Can you do that?
    P.D: I cannot afford Ascending, that's why I'm bothering you with my problem. I'm sorry.

19. OPSupport closed this discussion on 25 May, 2016 05:13 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Obsidian Portal please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac