keep getting 500, 502, or 504 errors

Doc_the_grey

29 May, 2015 01:19 AM

I'm trying to either head to certain places on my wiki or search for terms and the site lags out and then gives me an error message. Worst of all it remains inconsistent, sometimes allowing me to get to a page and other times not. I keep waiting for it to allow me to do edits and then error message me when I try to save them.

Showing page 7 out of 7. View the first page

1. 181 Posted by weasel0 on 14 Apr, 2016 05:40 AM

I know there seen to be an inordinate number of issues but after many lengths of nothing, the company is now at least trying to work is way through 5? 7? Years of extreme custom coding that was built as needed and probably not documented well. I'm okay giving them the benefit of having my doubt(I know what I typed there) but also despite the major bugs in the editor, there is actual progress being made in places now where for a year and a half the was basically total silence.

2. 182 Posted by Race on 14 Apr, 2016 10:15 PM

i seem to be unable to post to my own forums?

3. 183 Posted by OPSupport on 14 Apr, 2016 10:21 PM

Hi Race,

Could you please provide links/steps so the development team can reproduce the issue?

Thank you

OP Support

4. 184 Posted by Race on 15 Apr, 2016 02:27 AM

sure. I click on the forums the post a new forum post. Then I copy and paste the info to paste. Then I click save. and every time for the last 3 or so hours I get an error 500 please submit a bug report message.
    Race
    https://lucifuge.obsidianportal.com/

5. 185 Posted by Adrian on 15 Apr, 2016 07:55 AM

I had the same issue (still having the issue). I was uploading character pages earlier, everything was loading very slowly and eventually I just started getting 502 errors. First one happened when I tried to give editing access to someone's player character.

6. 186 Posted by OPSupport on 15 Apr, 2016 06:55 PM

There are no reported infrastructure issues at this time. The team did make a change on a back-end server today on the services tier, which will require DNS propagation over the next 24 hours- but I don't believe that specific change would impact the scenario you outlined.

With other issues now resolved, the team is currently looking at some of the wider 500 issues which has plagued the site over time, and I would expect the situation to improve greatly moving forward as it is absolutely a top priority.

OP Support

7. OPSupport closed this discussion on 25 May, 2016 05:13 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Obsidian Portal please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac