Ubiquity DST

madirishman

08 May, 2014 11:22 PM

Hi there,

We're starting up a Space: 1889 campaign and the upcoming (English version, a German version is already out) of the rules uses the Ubiquity system (originating with Hollow Earth Expedition, but used by Leagues of Adventure, Desolation, probably some others).

I think I figured enough of the DST stuff out to have a bare bones DST, which I have created with the slug "ubiquity." While I hope to do some more with it (there's no CSS or anything at the present), I think it's useable as is. See, for example

https://space-1889-1.obsidianportal.com/characters/td_iii

This is a cool feature, so thank you for implementing it.

One concern I have while editing is that if you "click to enter" and do something like hit Tab by mistake, the text entry box becomes a tiny little box that is impossible to enter text in. Is that a known problem?

Also, would it be possible to add the Ubiquity logo so that selecting the Ubiquity system displays this logo on the front page? I’m not sure if it’s possible, but it seems like if someone selects “Hollow Earth Expedition,” for example, that any Ubiquity DST should be available to that game as well. I guess “Space: 1889” games become problematic as a selection, since there are now at least three different rulesets that it’s been published under (the original 1889, a Savage Worlds version, and now a Ubiquity version).

Thanks in advance, and best regards,
Patrick
--
Patrick M. Murphy, Ph.D.
Mad Irishman Productions
www.mad-irishman.net
Slainte!

1. 1 Posted by madirishman on 13 May, 2014 05:21 PM

Sorry, deleted the test character linked above, but created an actual character in its place.

https://space-1889-majestic.obsidianportal.com/characters/battersby

Are there guidelines for how long it will take to get this template approved? All of my other players are ready to use it when it is.

Thanks again,
    Patrick

2. 2 Posted by madirishman on 23 May, 2014 02:44 PM

Is there anyone who has created a DST that can give me some guidelines as to how long it took to have it approved? There's really nothing to my DST right now but since it's in limbo, no one else in our campaign can see my character that uses it, let alone use it for their own characters.

Thanks,
    Patrick

3. 3 Posted by Travis19 on 23 May, 2014 03:24 PM

Hi, sorry for the delay. I'm checking with the dev team on approval.

4. 4 Posted by madirishman on 31 May, 2014 07:40 PM

Thanks, Travis. Any word?

Regards,
    Patrick

5. 5 Posted by ronalmyc on 01 Jun, 2014 04:59 AM

Stathi Paxinos protects football nba, tennis unification, hand techniques, boating and additionally Australian Requirements footballing in the Grow old. They have coated several serious sports activities along with the Quotes Olympics (punching), your The year 2003 Rugby Globe Pot, declare regarding cause prize draws as well as NRL finals, marketplace concept challenges not to mention indigenous cycling championships. Stathi also taken care of fighting and aquatics with the Melbourne 2005 Earth Game titles. Wallabies thrive on rare program Stathi Paxinos Harm stuffs that Stirling Mortlock just didn't reach in their work. Mortlock trialled 50 Medical tests for the purpose of Queensland together with was basically leader for Up to 30 analysts. She played in a couple Globe Mugs in addition to claimed Bledisloe Cups of. Rebels seeking to Lion-sized endeavor Stathi Paxinos Its going to, in line with Nic Henderson, manifest as a memorable Melbourne underdog tale. Rebels wide open account by way of fighting with each other secure Stathi Paxinos All the Sydney Rebels contains somebody in charge of launched a brilliant Tennis time of the year having a get should they fought to come back contrary to the European Compel to secure a 30-23 triumph from AAMI Store concerning Monday event. Gareth Dig known as seeing that Rebels chief Stathi Paxinos Gareth Get is amongst the earliest different battler to become dubbed skipper of an Hawaiian Superb Rugby workforce, aided by the Melbourne Rebels today producing all the assertion. Cut will never hold O'Connor out from operator STATHI PAXINOS JAMES O'CONNOR predicted to get fit for those Sydney Rebels' time garage door opener hardware to protect against Eu Coerce in spite of the Wallabies star suffering an unhealthy gash to be able to this underside lips which usually required joins for the period of... Pyle, Dig into to talk leading purpose Stathi Paxinos Second-rower to get titled since joint Rebels vice-captain utilizing obligatory Gareth Dig into. The finest XV Australian Superb Football group of the season The most effective XV within the Australian expo depending on the teams of a few days selected simply by John Cully soon after each and every Super Tennis through. Register at this moment Get hold of all the most current Rugby Bliss news flash sent to a mail once a week

6. 6 Posted by madirishman on 07 Jun, 2014 01:24 AM

Is this thing on? It's been almost a month, and none of our players can enter their character stats.

7. 7 Posted by madirishman on 20 Jun, 2014 07:55 PM

Since we're now at the six week mark, I am checking in again...

8. 8 Posted by Travis19 on 20 Jun, 2014 08:59 PM

DST is approved. Sorry for the delay.

Have you got a URL for the Ubiquity logo? I had some (surprising) trouble finding one, everything I found was Hollow Earth related.

9. 9 Posted by madirishman on 20 Jun, 2014 09:40 PM

Thanks, Travis.

The only place I have seen the generic Ubiquity logo is inside the books I have that use the system (Desolation, Leagues of Adventure, Space: 1889). I'm attaching a copy of it extracted from the PDFs.

10. 10 Posted by madirishman on 20 Jun, 2014 09:42 PM

11. Travis19 closed this discussion on 16 Jun, 2015 12:26 AM.

12. madirishman re-opened this discussion on 17 Apr, 2016 05:24 AM

13. 11 Posted by madirishman on 17 Apr, 2016 05:24 AM

Hi guys,

I tweaked this template some time back (just added some more space for skills and such, really, it's still not fancy), but it has yet to be approved. Any chance of that happening soon?

Thanks, and best regards,
    Patrick

14. 12 Posted by OPSupport on 17 Apr, 2016 03:10 PM

Hi Patrick,

I've escalated to Dashiel whom is currently moderating the DST's for the community.

Thank you

OP Support

15. OPSupport closed this discussion on 25 May, 2016 05:13 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Obsidian Portal please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac